The internet has become a necessity without which nobody these days can function. Every house, educational institute, office, restaurant, and even shopping mall has Wi-Fi for the users.
One of the most important things that matter and having Wi-Fi in place is a Wi-Fi extender. It helps increase the strength of Wi-Fi signals so that better coverage of the internet may be thoroughly enjoyed. Choosing the best Wi-Fi range extender is key to improving your Wi-Fi performance.
8 Best WiFi Range Extenders to Consider
Picking a suitable Wi-Fi extender may be challenging for a layman. After thorough testing and analysis, this guide below is accumulated after detailed research on the best Wi-Fi range extender.
- It covers about 75 feet, which is an excellent way to offer your home consistent Wi-Fi coverage.
- This Wi-Fi extender’s speed is incredible and provides competitive performance.
- The best part is its handy size that may quickly be settled anywhere you want in your home.
- It is very convenient to plug in this Wi-Fi extender, and anyone can do it immediately.
- Comes with four external antennas for better coverage to users.
- Backed with sufficient security settings that are demanded by users nowadays.
- Offers dual-band wireless AC support for better performance.
This is among the best Wi-Fi range extenders and offers a very smooth experience, and it is just the size of the plug that might bother you. However, it could provide a seamless experience with fantastic speed if ignored.
- Netgear is known to bring the best Wi-Fi range extender for users that offer an excellent performance capability.
- It has a very exceptional coverage that goes up to 95 feet high, which means it offers good internet connectivity in larger spaces.
- You can also enjoy its built-in security features and protect your home network from external users.
- This Wi-Fi extender is also backed with customization options that every user would love to use.
- Capable of connecting about 20 devices, these may comprise laptops, desktops, smartphones, and tablets.
- It offers universal compatibility and works well with cables without any issues.
Many of you might find it an expensive choice; however, this amounts to be the best Wi-Fi range extender to purchase. The best thing is that it would work with all kinds of cables because of its universal compatibility, and this is a beneficial aspect.
- Compatible with plenty of devices including Amazon Alexa, IOS, and android.
- Network coverage of up to 6000 square feet is offered.
- Eliminates Wi-Fi dead zones from the house or office by providing connectivity to every corner.
- AC 1200 Dual-band delivers a very high performing and speedy internet.
- It supports plenty of devices to be used and may cover up to 90 devices.
- Proper privacy and security systems are in place, which guard your network very well.
- Supports parental controls to limit the access and connectivity of children.
As far as this Tenda Nova Mesh Wi-Fi System (MW6) is concerned, it amounts to being among the top best Wi-Fi range extenders. However, the plastic used on the outer lacks sturdiness, and you have to keep a careful check to avoid it from falling. So, as long as you use it excellently, it is a good deal to strike.
- It is easy to install and set up for users, and hence they may put it to use right away.
- Excellent speed and performance for a better experience offered.
- The compact design of this Wi-Fi extender allows a better-looking sight and does not occupy much space for the plugin.
- It comes with speed supported by AC 1900 plus suitable to keep the smart TV, smartphone, laptops, tablets, and any devices you want with a good performance.
- It supports HD displays and high-end games that need good connectivity with no buffering or lags.
- It covers all the dead spots of your location very well to provide internet connectivity.
- Compatible with all the Wi-Fi routers, which is also a plus point.
It does get hot and may sometimes lack performance, but it has several such features that are supportive in its buying guide at the given price. It is very easy to install and has a reasonable price as well.
- It is manufactured to become weather-resistant, and hence no ports are present on it.
- You can either wall mount this Wi-Fi range extender or keep it on the stand it comes with; it is easy to install and set up.
- It offers a stable connection, and it is ready to use right after plugging.
- It has all the security features in it that allow protection against hacking.
- It has a range that covers up to 2500 square feet, which is pretty fascinating, and it also has an outstanding performance too.
- Suitable for using outdoors as well.
One aspect of this Wi-Fi range extender is that it offers better resistance against weather, which means no matter if it rains or the sun shines, it is good to go for outdoor installation. This is one of the essential key points leading to investing in this Wi-Fi extender.
- This Wi-Fi range extender comes with an impressive design. The look is sleek and flat, and the color is black, which is quite exciting and hence looks nice on the wall and the table.
- It doesn’t take much space, and it is made so that it takes just one plug and does not occupy the area here and there with its adapter.
- It offers a speed of 2.2 Gbps which is a lot and covers all the dead Wi-Fi spots in your house or office.
- The coverage of this Wi-Fi extender is up to 2000 square feet, which is good and hence is suitable for a larger area.
- A maximum of 45 devices may easily be connected simultaneously using this Wi-Fi range extender.
- It can be used directly for gaming consoles with direct ethernet ports at the back.
Apart from the rest of its features you may consider Netgear Wi-Fi range extender EX7700 because of its design. Usually, Wi-Fi extenders do not have such impressive layouts, but this one has, and so it has a rising demand.
- This Wi-Fi range extender is a very suitable choice, and it provides a speed of 1900 Mbps which is quite a lot for downloads and uploads.
- It comes with five ethernet ports so that if you want to connect your devices directly, you can do that too.
- It is backed with ample protection and controls like security control to avoid hacking and parental controls.
- It is backed by a mobile app that allows easy setting up and controlling of the Wi-Fi extender.
This Wi-Fi extender covers a good range, 3000 square feet is quite impressive, so if you have ample space that requires Wi-Fi coverage, this is a perfect choice to consider.
- TP-Link Deco AX3000 covers an area of up to 2500 square feet and helps eliminate all the Wi-Fi dead zones in your house.
- Three Ethernet ports are provided to connect devices directly using cables.
- It supports plenty of features like parental control and security control, offers regular reports for usage, and much more.
- It is effortless to set up, and once done, it is pretty quick to use.
- Allows connectivity of up to 150 devices which is massive and quite suitable for offices.
If you consider TP-Link Deco AX3000, we can say that it has several modern features like its integration with Alexa and the controls offered. It is suitable for primary use and affordable compared to the features offered.
Is that fine if a Wi-Fi range extender is left switched on?
In usual circumstances, Wi-Fi extenders are left on all the time. It is dependent on you whether you want to keep it turned on all the time, or you want to turn it off when not in use.
Do new devices connect automatically to a Wi-Fi range extender?
To connect the new devices to your Wi-Fi extender, you have to choose the extender network from the device, enter a password, and then it will connect.
Does a Wi-Fi range extender get hot?
The Wi-Fi range extender doesn’t get hot normally, however, it will get a little warm, and that is because electricity passes through it, and hence it is natural in that case to happen.